Sunday, October 24, 2010

Babies R Us AKA: OVERWHELMING!!!

Saturday morning Steve and I jumped up and head to the Lynnwood Babies R Us. I was so excited. I'm thinking, "yeah this will be easy". HA! I was thinking this because Heidi, Lacey and I already had spent 2 1/2 hours at the Portland store discussing what I should and avoid buying. Steve and I got our register gun and headed for the bedding.  I totally lost my mind and everything I had been educated on (prego brain = department skip). From that department we headed over to the diaper pales. I feel this full body of heat come over me. "OMG why can't it be cooler in here", I thought. We start looking at the wall of diaper genies. I have never thought It would be so hard to pick out a baby poop basket! I start pulling them out of the boxes to get a closer look. I am bent over and this mad rush of new moms hits. I swear the heat continued to rise. "GOD I feel like a stuffed pig", I thought. Lets get out of this department! Meanwhile Steve has the register gun (dangerous!) clicking on some really outrageous colored items. I was getting really nervous and really sweaty.

We headed to the other end towards the bottles and such. So I have to say picking out a breast pump was my favorite part, LOL. Steve was really into it and cracking jokes. Glad he was calm and cool....literally. In the end I was starving, sweaty and HUNGRY! We only ended up with 85 items (the 85 did not include any bedding, car seats, strollers and such (due to us not agreeing) but I couldn't handle another moment in that store! We ended up spending a whooping 3 hours. I guess I know what I will be doing online in the upcoming weeks.   :)

1 comment: